Business Protection Planning
Business Protection Planning is designed for the owners and families of privately-owned businesses.
This planning process assists families tackle the important issues surrounding the operation, governance and succession of their business, with a sensitivity towards the interpersonal dynamics of the family involved. The firm has substantial knowledge and experience in sophisticated business planning issues and techniques, Including:
- Irrevocable life insurance trusts and business life insurance planning.
- Lifetime family asset transfers and management arrangements.
- Asset protection planning for individuals with significant liability exposure.
- Valuation and discount planning strategies, including family partnerships,
limited liability companies, dual equity corporations, and split interest trusts.
- Current and deferred charitable giving, including charitable trusts and
- Buy/sell agreements, compensation and management succession planning.
- Probate and trust administration representation.
- Gift and estate taxation.
- Design and implementation of non-qualified benefit solutions.
- Equity participation in corporations, including stock options, stock purchase
plans, stock bonus plans and employee stock ownership plans.